Locking Deanery is a group of 20 Church of England parishes, with 28 churches, 25 clergy and around 2000 members situated in North Somerset. As a deanery our goal is to help these churches grow by sharing life and inspiring mission.
Our mission is to live and tell the story of Jesus as individuals, churches and as a Deanery by sharing the good news and saving power of Jesus with both churched and unchurched people. We do this through inviting others, serving the least, the lost and the lonely, whilst in everything giving thanks to God for his great love for us.
This happens through:
- individuals growing in discipleship
- churches discerning, planning and implementing their particular mission focus
- the Deanery Synod, Deanery Mission and Pastoral Group (DMPG) & Deanery Action Teams (DATs) sharing ideas and initiatives
Our updated Mission Action Plan, adopted in February 2020 was written in light of the three diocesan strategic priorities:
- placing mission and evangelism at the heart of all we do
- aligning our ministry resources towards mission
- identifying, developing and using the gifts of all our people
Therefore as a Deanery we have committed to:
- Pray for all the people in our communities, both churched and unchurched
- Share ideas, resources, support and training
- Encourage every church member to be active in mission and ministry